You might have heard of meditation, yoga, tai chi, qigong, and creative forms of therapy. But did you know they are mind-body practices? Mind-body practices, also known as mind-body interventions, are activities that focuses on the mind, body, and soul. These activities can directly affect our health and enhances our self-care. Below, learn how just a few mind-body practices are great for our health.
1. Meditate: Meditation is a great way to be mindful and relax. During meditation, our breathing slows down making our blood pressure and heart rate decrease. Some research has shown that people who regularly meditate develop less heart disease, hypertension, anxiety, and insomnia.
2. Yoga: Yoga is a practice that can be relaxing way to stretch, decompress, and improve our posture. Yoga improves strength and flexibility, calms our nervous system, increases the production of stress-relieving hormones, and releases stored toxins. Even if you are a beginner at yoga doing simple poses, you can still reap its benefits.
3. Tai Chi: Tai chi is a slow and graceful martial art. People practice tai chi by doing multiple poses in a slow, focused manner while breathing deeply. Tai chi can improve your mood, build stamina and balance, decrease stress, and reduce anxiety and depression.
4. Qigong: Qigong is another calming, beautiful martial art that involves slow movement, similar to tai chi. Qigong can reduce symptoms of depression and anxiety. Just like tai chi, qigong can improve our balance, bones, and cardiovascular health.
5. Music Therapy: Music therapy is a creative form a therapy that can promote relaxation. Some people use music therapy to aid in lowering discomfort, blood pressure, and heart rate.
At Doral Health & Wellness Behavioral Department, you and your loved ones can get help for behavioral health-related issues. Not only do our health experts provide help, our health experts can provide valuable resources to improve your mental health.
Get help at Doral Health & Wellness Behavioral Department and call 718-971-1143 today.