Common Conditions That a Dermatologist Treat
Do you know what a dermatologist does? A dermatologist is a medical doctor that specializes in diagnosing and treating diseases and disorders that affects the skin, nails, hair, and mucus membrane. Some dermatologists can also perform surgical procedures and manage cosmetic disorders, which can include hair loss and scars.
If you or your loved one encounter or experience problems related to your skin, nails, hair, and mucus membrane, seek help from the best dermatologist in East New York. Visit Doral Health and Wellness Dermatology Center immediately and talk to our team of dermatologists.
These are some of the most common conditions that a dermatologist can treat, and they may include:
- Acne – this is an inflammatory skin condition when the hair follicles are clogged with oil and dead skin cells. It causes spots, pimples whiteheads, and blackheads. Acne is one of the most common problems in teenagers and young adults, though it affects people of all ages.
- Eczema – this is a skin condition that can cause dry and itchy patches on your skin. This skin condition is a common condition but not contagious. Symptoms for eczema can flare up if you come in contact with an irritant or allergen.
- Hair Loss – this is one of the most common disorders among men and women. This condition is often caused by an autoimmune disorder and is not a contagious disease. Although when people catch a contagious disease, it can lead to hair loss. For example, if you catch a fungus that can cause ringworm, this type of fungus can grow on your scalp and if left untreated the ringworm on your scalp can lead to hair loss.
- Nail fungus – this kind of infection is very common and is also known as onychomycosis. They are mostly not serious, but they can take a long time to be treated or healed.
- Psoriasis – this is a chronic autoimmune condition that affects your skin cells. The buildup of cells causes scaling on your skin’s surface, with bumpy red patches. They can grow on any part of your body, but they usually appear on your scalp, elbows, knees, and lower back. This condition is not contagious and can’t be passed from person to person.
- Skin cancer – is one of the most common types of cancer in the United States. Skin cancer is the abnormal growth of skin cells, caused by overexposure to the sun and its harmful UV rays. Normally, old skin cells die to make way for new skin cells. When this doesn’t work the way it should, and the skin cells grow uncontrollably, that’s when skin cancer happens. Although these cells can be noncancerous and don’t usually spread or cause harm, some could be malignant and spread to other tissues and areas of the body.
- Rosacea – this is a skin condition that causes flushing and visible blood vessels in the face. It can cause redness on the nose, chin, cheeks, and forehead. It may also produce small, puss-gilled bumps. It can sometimes be mistaken for acne or other skin problems. This condition is more common in women and people with lighter skin, but men tend to have more severe symptoms.
At Doral Health and Wellness Dermatology Center, we have the best dermatologists that can help you take care of your skin, hair, and nails. As dermatology experts in East New York, we are dedicated to providing the best services. You can visit us at 1797 Pitkin Avenue, Brooklyn, New York, 11212, to schedule an appointment. You can also call us at 1-347-384-5690 or visit our website at https://www.bestbrooklyndermatologist.com.