Managing Your Blood Pressure
High blood pressure, or hypertension, is called the silent killer for a very good reason. High blood pressure is defined as the force of your blood pushing against the walls of your blood vessels is consistently high. It usually has no symptoms but can pose a major risk of many health issues such as heart disease and stroke. And these diseases are the leading cause of death in the United States.
Contact Doral Health and Wellness and talk to our primary care doctors if you need help managing your blood pressure. They are the best doctors in Brooklyn, and they can help and work with you with your condition. Doral Health and Wellness also has an urgent care facility that can provide you with emergency medical assistance should you need it.
There are effective ways to lower your blood pressure levels, and these may include:
- Exercise more (and more, and more) – Aerobic and resistance exercise can definitely help in lowering blood pressure. Aerobic exercise forces blood vessels to expand, keeping them flexible.
- Eat less salt – Cutting down on salt intake is probably one of the most important ways to lower blood pressure. Swap out processed foods with fresh ones, and try seasoning your food with herbs and spices rather than using salt
- Lose weight – The ideal body mass index is between 18.5 and 24.9. Losing weight is a great help in lowering your blood pressure, the effect is even more significant if you exercise on a regular basis
- Eat potassium-rich food – Potassium helps your body get rid of sodium and helps ease pressure on your blood vessels. Foods rich in potassium include leafy greens, fruits, dairy, tuna, nuts, and beans
- Stress management – Chronic stress is a great contributor to high blood pressure, find ways to manage stress
- Eat dark chocolate and cocoa – These foods contain plant compounds that help relax blood vessels and lowering blood pressure
- Adapt DASH Diet – DASH stands for Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension, which was specifically created to lower blood pressure
- Quit smoking – Smoking can harm the lining of the blood vessels,
- Limit alcohol intake – Drinking more than a moderate amount of alcohol can raise blood pressure by several levels
- Enough sleep – Getting six to eight hours of uninterrupted sleep can help prevent high blood pressure
- Take prescription medications – Take your medications exactly as how the doctors prescribe.
Support from family and friends can also help improve your health. Because if high blood pressure is left untreated, it can lead to more serious health complications, such as stroke, heart attack, and kidney damage.
Doral Health and Wellness has a family doctor who can help you manage your blood pressure. For more information, you can visit us at 1797 Pitkin Avenue, Brooklyn, New York, 11212, or call us at 1-347-384-5690. You can also visit our website at https://doralhw.org or contact us at email@example.com if you have any queries. We have the best primary care doctor in Brooklyn to provide you with the best comprehensive medical care and health care services.
You can visit Doral Health and Wellness Urgent Care for urgent medical emergencies. We provide urgent and comprehensive care for most health problems. For more info, visit us at http://www.urgentcareclinicbrooklyn.com/ or call us at 1-347-384-5690.