Pain Below The Ribs: What Could It Be?
Have you experienced stabbing pain in your upper abdomen? Or a slow dull ache just below your ribs? The pain can go away as quickly or can be steady. Depending on the cause of your pain, you may only feel discomfort on one side of your body and/or abdomen.
Contact Doral Health and Wellness and talk to our primary care doctors if you need help diagnosing the underlying cause of your abdominal pain. They are the best doctors in Brooklyn, and they can help and work with you with your condition. Doral Health and Wellness also has an urgent care facility that can provide you with emergency medical assistance should you need it.
Here are some of the most common causes of pain below your ribs:
- Constipation – This condition occurs when you have a hard time passing stools, and/or if it happens less frequently than normal. You can have this condition from time to time but for some people, this condition can be a chronic problem. Usually, constipation is caused by not drinking enough water and by having a low-fiber diet. Symptoms can include abdominal pain, bloating, nausea, and hardened stool.
- Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) – This condition happens when the acid in your stomach travels back up to your esophagus. This condition can happen to anyone but doesn’t usually cause bothersome symptoms. This is a very common disorder and symptoms can include heartburn, chest pain, sore throat, and regurgitation of acidic material.
- Ulcer – An ulcer is a sore that develops in your stomach. They are formed when the acids that help digest your food, eat away the lining of your stomach or your small intestine. Some ulcers are caused by taking certain medications regularly. Aside from pain in your upper abdomen, symptoms can include bloating, heartburn, nausea, and your inability to stand eating fatty foods.
- Gastritis – It is a condition where the lining of your stomach is inflamed. The causes of gastritis are the same as the causes of ulcers. Also, drinking too much alcohol can increase your risk of having gastritis. Some of the symptoms can include vomiting and nausea.
- Indigestion – This condition can occur when you eat too much or too quickly, eat greasy food, and when you drink caffeinated, and carbonated drinks. Certain medications can also trigger this condition. In addition to pain in the abdomen, some of the symptoms of this condition can include feeling full during/after meals, bloating, and heartburn.
- Gallbladder issues – One of the most common causes of gallbladder pain is gallstones. The stones can be as small as sand or as big as a golf ball. Gallstones affect the way your gallbladder release bile, which causes pain in your upper abdomen. Some of the symptoms include fever/chills, yellowing of the skin and eyes, pain that worsens when breathing, and nausea.
If, along with pain below your ribs, you have other symptoms such as chest pain, difficulty breathing, and a pain that radiates to your jaw, face, and arms, call 911 or go to an urgent facility immediately.
Doral Health and Wellness can help you manage your pain and on how to better take care of your health. For more information, you can visit us at 1797 Pitkin Avenue, Brooklyn, New York, 11212, or call us at 1-347-384-5690. You can also visit our website at https://doralhw.org or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.
You can visit Doral Health and Wellness Urgent Care for urgent medical emergencies. We provide urgent and comprehensive care for most health problems. For more info, visit us at http://www.urgentcareclinicbrooklyn.com/ or call us at 1-347-384-5690.