How To Control Blood Pressure
High blood pressure, or hypertension, is called the silent killer for a very good reason. It usually has no symptoms but can pose a major risk of many health issues such as heart disease and stroke. And these diseases are the leading cause of death in the United States. Lifestyle can play a big role in controlling your blood pressure.
At Doral Health and Wellness, we have the best primary care doctor in Brooklyn that can help you manage your high blood pressure. You can visit our website at https://doralhw.org for more information.
Here are some of the effective lifestyle changes that can help lower your blood pressure levels, and this may include:
- Exercise more, and more, and more – aerobic and resistance exercise can definitely help in lowering blood pressure. Aerobic exercise forces blood vessels to expand, keeping them flexible.
- Eat less salt – cutting down on salt intake is probably one of the most important ways to lower blood pressure. Swap out processed foods with fresh ones, and try seasoning your food with herbs and spices rather than using salt
- Lose weight – the ideal body mass index is between 18.5 and 24.9. losing weight is a gest help in lowering your blood pressure, the effect is even more significant if you exercise
- Eat potassium-rich food – potassium helps your body get rid of sodium and helps ease pressure on your blood vessels. Foods rich in potassium include leafy greens, fruits, dairy, tuna, nuts, and beans
- Stress management – chronic stress is a great contributor to high blood pressure, find ways to manage your stress
- Eat dark chocolate and cocoa – these foods contain plant compound that helps relax your blood vessels and lowers your blood pressure
- Adapt DASH Diet – DASH stands for Dietary Approaches to Stop Hypertension, which was specifically created to lower blood pressure
- Quit smoking – smoking can harm the lining of your blood vessels,
- Limit alcohol intake – drinking more than the moderate amount of alcohol can raise your blood pressure by several levels
- Enough sleep – getting six to eight hours of uninterrupted sleep can help you prevent high blood pressure
- Take prescription medications – take your medications exactly as how the doctors prescribe
Support from family and friends can also help improve your health. Because if high blood pressure is left untreated, it can lead to more serious health complications, such as stroke, heart attack, and kidney damage.
At Doral Health and Wellness, we have a family doctor that can help you manage your blood pressure. For more information, you can visit us at 1797 Pitkin Avenue, Brooklyn, New York, 11212, or call us at 1-347-384-5690. You can also visit our website at https://doralhw.org or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries. We have the best primary care doctor in Brooklyn to provide you with the best comprehensive medical care and health care services.
For urgent medical emergencies, you can visit Doral Health and Wellness Urgent Care. We provide urgent and comprehensive care for most health problems. For more info, visit us at http://www.urgentcareclinicbrooklyn.com/ or call us at 1-347-384-5690.