The Importance of Urologist
Our urinary tract system gets rid of our body’s excess liquid waste. The kidney filters the blood and removes everything the body doesn’t use. These organs should work smoothly until it doesn’t. Sometimes things could go wrong, and the natural functions of these organs fail. That’s why it is important to have a urologist and see them regularly.
We have the best urologist at Doral Health and Wellness Urology Center that can help you with your problems, you can contact us by visiting our clinic or visiting our website at https://www.urologistbrooklyn.com.
Urology is that part of health care that deals with both the male and female urinary tract system (kidneys, ureters, bladder, and urethra. It also deals with the male reproductive system. And since health problems in these body parts can happen to everyone, your urologic health is important.
What is a Urologist
A urologist is a specialist in the urinary tract and male reproductive system. They handle situations involving your kidney, ureters, bladders, urethra, and all the muscles and nerves associated with them. They are also the primary doctors that address the problems of the penis, testes, scrotum, and prostate.
Here are some of the common medical conditions that need or involve urology:
- Urinary Tract Infections – UTI is a condition where bacteria get into your urethra. This condition is more common in women. Its symptoms may be easier to identify, but a proper diagnosis is required for a proper treatment plan
- Kidney Stones – these are the small hard deposits made from calcium and other minerals in your kidney. If early symptoms are ignored, you may need surgery later on to treat this condition
- Enlarged Prostate – This condition is often caused by the overgrowth of your prostate gland. It is believed to be linked to hormonal changes as a man gets older. This condition is also known as benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and affects about 33% of the adult male population
- Prostatitis – this condition has similar effects as enlarged prostate but is often caused by inflammation and infection. Men with this condition may experience painful ejaculation or urination
- Incontinence – this condition is the inability to control urination
- Hematuria – this is the condition where blood is found in the urine
- Cancer – all cancers related to the urinary system and male reproductive system will be dealt with by a urologist
- Erectile Dysfunction – having trouble getting and maintaining an erection is a condition where a urologist can identify the underlying cause of
- Male Infertility – if you and your partner are having trouble conceiving, it is important to visit an infertility specialist for both males and females. Male infertility is one of the urology specialization
- Kidney Diseases – kidney failure is a life-threatening condition, so if you have problems with your kidney, see a urologist immediately
Seeing a urologist is an important part of your overall health. Urinary issues, illness and diseases relating to your kidney, and conditions affecting the male reproductive system are where a urologist specializes. Your urologist will order tests that will make the diagnosis clear and point the way to the best treatment options.
At Doral Health and Wellness Urology Center, our team of urologists in East New York will help you diagnose, treat, and manage your condition. To schedule an appointment, you can visit us at 1797 Pitkin Avenue, Brooklyn, New York 11212, or you may call us at 1-347-384-5690 and visit our website at http://www.urologistbrooklyn.com/.