5 things to discuss with your Gynecologist
Women may feel embarrassed and uncomfortable discussing some personal things with their gynecologist. But being open with your doctor is important to make sure that you receive the right care that you need.
Here are some of the health issues that you should discuss with your gynecologist.
- Your medical history: This includes your family’s medical history of diseases; this will help your doctor create a proper treatment plan for you. They may also want to know your:
- Latest Pap smear test and result
- Diseases and other health conditions including mental, physical, and sexually transmitted diseases
- Medications that you are currently taking
- Painful periods: Cramps, headaches, and other menstrual symptoms are a few of the conditions that a woman experiences on a regular basis. But for some women, the pain can be very severe. If your period pains are very painful, it can be a sign of a more serious condition like endometriosis or uterine fibroids. It is important that you discuss this with your doctor to formulate a treatment plan together.
- Unusual growths, swellings, and bumps: A woman may feel and notice something around the vagina or labia. These could be a simple cut from shaving or an ingrown hair. Although these bumps are usually benign, they could also feel worrisome. Talk to your doctor so he or she can perform an examination. It could also be a sign of an STD (Sexually Transmitted Disease) or other medical condition.
- Sexual history: This could be an embarrassing topic of discussion with your doctor. But this is one of the most important topics that you should talk about with your doctor. Discuss with them any previous condition or STD that you’ve had. With this, your doctor can determine why you experience pain, if any, during intercourse and can also answer any questions you may have concerning your sexual health and problems.
- Pregnancy and fertility: Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or trying to become one. They can offer valuable advice if you are trying to conceive.
Remember, your doctor can help you get the care you need. If you are looking for a gynecologist that you can trust, you can book your appointment at Doral Health and Wellness – Women’s Health Center. At Doral Health and Wellness, we are committed to providing health services and comprehensive medical care to our patients. To book an appointment, you can visit us at 1797 Pitkin Avenue Brooklyn, New York. You can also contact us on 1-347-384-5690 or 1-347-955-3465. You can also visit our website to book an appointment online at https://doralhw.org or contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any queries.