Knowing the Early Signs of Prostate Cancer
Prostate cancer happens when the cells in your prostate gland start to grow out of control. Your prostate glands are responsible in making some fluid that is part of your semen. The prostate is the walnut-sized gland located below your bladder and in front of your rectum.
We have the best urologist in East New York at Doral Health and Wellness Urology Center. If you notice a problem with your erection, you can contact us by visiting our clinic or visiting our website at https://doralhw.org/department/urology/ or https://www.urologistbrooklyn.com.
Most types prostate cancer are called adenocarcinomas. Other types of cancer that can start in the prostate can include:
- Small cell carcinoma
- Neuroendocrine tumors
- Transitional call carcinomas
Although this other type of cancers is rare. Most often, if you are told that you have prostate cancer, it is almost certain that you have adenocarcinoma.
Prostate cancer is the second most common type of cancer that can affect the male population. Once you reach the age of 50, your risk in developing cancer in your prostate glands increases. It is better that you discuss your risk of developing prostate cancer with Doral’s best urologist to have an early diagnosis and discuss your treatment plan immediately.
- Frequent need to urinate, especially at night – you might be confused as to why you need to pee very frequently, especially during the night. It can also cause annoyance that every so very often you need to get up during the night to urinate. It can also cause restlessness in the morning because of interrupted sleep.
- Weak flow of urine – if you are having trouble urinating or notice that your urine has a very weak flow, it could be a sign that you have an enlarged prostate, a tumor or cancer.
- Pain or burning feeling when urinating – there are several conditions that could cause you pain or a burning sensation when urinating, when you notice these symptoms it is best that you consult Doral’s best urologist immediately for a proper diagnosis
- Blood in your urine or semen – seeing blood in your semen can be very alarming. Call us at Doral right away if you notice blood in your semen.
- Painful ejaculation – pain during ejaculation is a very troublesome and awkward symptom that you may have when you have problems with your prostate. Do not take this symptom for granted.
- Erectile dysfunction – having difficulty in getting an erection is a very common condition among men and could be a sign of any prostate problems. If you are suffering from this condition, although it could be nothing to worry about, it is still best that you have it checked immediately
For additional information regarding prostate health, our specialists at Doral Health and Wellness – Urology Center is ready to help you. You can schedule an appointment with Doral Health and Wellness – Urology Center’s best urologist in Brooklyn. Our specialists will work with you in managing your condition. To schedule an appointment, please visit us at 1797 Pitkin Avenue, Brooklyn, New York 11212or call 1-347-384-5690. You can also visit our website at https://www.urologistbrooklyn.com/.