How to Manage Anxiety During Stressful Times
CDC (Centers for Disease Control & Prevention) data from February 2021 says that the percentage of American adults with symptoms of anxiety is as high as 41.5%.
Visit the best Mental Health Clinic in Brooklyn at Doral Health & Wellness or log on to www.doralhw.org.
What is anxiety and what does it feel like?
Anxiety is a serious and commonly neglected mental disorder.
Anxiety disorders are a group of mental disorders characterized by feelings of irrational fear, nervousness, uneasiness, and panic. Anxiety attacks can manifest anytime, anywhere, and to anyone (based on a complex trigger mechanism). If you know the signs and symptoms of anxiety, it will help you identify and deal with it.
Let’s help you find answers to all your doubts and worries.
Symptoms of anxiety
Anxiety can be crippling and can interfere with your daily activities. Symptoms may start during childhood or the teen years and continue into adulthood.
ANXIETY CAN MANIFEST PHYSICALLY AS:
- Pain or tightness in your chest
- Rapid heartbeats and palpitations
- Rapid breathing (hyperventilation) and shortness of breath
- Sudden excessive sweating
- Sudden headaches
- Muscle pains
- Feeling weak, tired, or fatigued
- Experiencing gastrointestinal (GI) problems like nausea, vomiting, stomach aches
- Dry mouth
- Tingling and Numbness (in hands, feet, or body)
YOU MAY EXPERIENCE BEHAVIORAL/MENTAL SYMPTOMS LIKE:
- A sense of impending danger, or doom
- Constant thoughts of fear, uneasiness, and panic
- Feeling restless, wound-up or on-edge
- Trouble concentrating or thinking about anything other than the present worry
- Difficulty falling asleep
- Having difficulty controlling your thoughts
- Having the urge to avoid things that trigger anxiety
- Inability to stay calm
- Mood fluctuations
What should I do?
People often turn a blind eye to anxiety and panic. See your doctor if:
- You feel that your fear/worry is interfering with your work, relationships, or other parts of your life
- You find it difficult to control your worry, fear or anxiety and it is upsetting your mental balance
- You have alcohol, drug, or substance abuse, or have other mental health concerns like depression along with anxiety
- You believe that there is a physical ailment linked to your anxiety issues
- You’re having suicidal thoughts or self-harming behaviors — get help at once
Thankfully, diagnosis and the right treatment can aid in improving your self-worth, productivity, quality of life, relationships, and mental health.
There is no need to live in constant fear and crippling worry. If you notice any symptoms of an anxiety disorder, talk to your healthcare provider. Mostly, a combination of counseling and medications can help you feel better.
Anxiety can get better with the right kind of help.
If you are worried about a friend or family member who is acting differently, you should talk to them about it. People who have anxiety issues may not seek help because they may not realize how they feel or that things could get better.
If you’re not able to manage your anxiety yourself, then get professional help, visit our mental health clinic in Brooklyn for a check-up and treatment. Call us on +1-347-384-5690 to get a consultation. We have some of the finest experienced psychiatrist doctors who listen to your concerns, examine your symptoms, and create a treatment plan to improve your condition as soon as possible. If you need help learning coping methods, register your information and make direct contact with our doctors and psychiatrists to learn those methods, log on to www.doralhw.org. Visit us at 1797 Pitkin Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11212.