Treatment of GAD (Generalized Anxiety Disorder)
Anxiety is the most common mental health condition that happens to everyone once or more in a lifetime. It is easily treatable but ignoring its symptoms can lead to severe mental health conditions. So, notice your symptoms early and take treatment at the right time. Treatment of anxiety disorder is done by medication, psychotherapy, or a combination of both. Besides the main treatment, lifestyle changes can also help you to improve your condition. Visit the best Mental Health Clinic in Brooklyn at Doral Health & Wellness or log on to www.doralhw.org.
Learn more about psychotherapy and lifestyle changes for the management of anxiety in this article.
This therapy is also known as talk therapy. It includes a trained mental health professional who teaches you different techniques to identify the triggers, thoughts, and behaviors that lead to anxiety and how to cope with them. He/she also guides and educates your friends and family members to support you to improve your functionality and well-being.
The most common psychotherapy used to treat GAD is cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT). In this therapy, your mental health professional examines your thoughts and emotions which cause worrying effects in your behaviors, and teaches how you change those negative or worrying thinking patterns into positive healthy thinking and habits.
Another therapy used to treat GAD is acceptance and commitment therapy (ACT). In this therapy, mental health professionals teach you to accept your thoughts without altering or reducing them. It also helps to focus on the present moment and surroundings, as well as your actions and values. So, instead of anxiety causing trouble in your decision and time, you have to accept the fact and move on.
Making some lifestyle changes can help you prevent your worries and concerns that may lead to anxiety, including:
- Exercise is a natural stress reliever that not only helps reduce your anxiety but also keeps you physically and mentally well. You can start your workout with a 30-minute walk.
- Eating a well-balanced diet that includes fruits, vegetables, nuts, whole grains, fish, meat, etc.
- Reduce your stress by learning stress-relieving techniques such as mindfulness meditation, deep breathing, etc.
- Create a routine for your sleep schedule and sleep for 7 to 8 hours per night. It will improve your mental health and reduce anxiety.
- Avoid alcohol, tobacco, or recreational drugs like cocaine, etc.
- Limit your caffeine intake, especially at night.
- Learn the tips for managing anxiety from self-help books.
- Keep a diary or journal to note your triggers that lead to anxiety and make strategies to cope with them.
- Indulge in activities that help you to calm your mind.
Do you need help with taking care of a loved one’s mental health problems? Call us on +1-347-384-5690 to get a consultation. If you need help learning coping methods, register your information and make direct contact with our doctors and psychiatrists to learn those methods, log on to www.doralhw.org. Doral Health and Wellness has the best Doctors and Psychiatrists who specialize in Behavioral Health, make accurate diagnoses, and craft tailored treatment programs. Visit us at 1797 Pitkin Avenue, Brooklyn, NY 11212.