Adrenal cancer is a rare type of cancer that begins in one or both of the adrenal glands, which are located on top of the kidneys. Adrenal glands produce hormones, chemicals that help control how the body works. They affect things like hair growth, blood pressure, sex drive, and even how stress is handled.
We have the best urologist at Doral Health and Wellness Urology Center that can help you if you with your condition. You can contact us by visiting our clinic or visiting our website at https://www.urologistbrooklyn.com.
The tumor may begin in the outer layer, or it can grow in the middle part of the adrenal glands. The tumor may be large before you start noticing the disease’s symptoms.
Adrenal cancer is very rare, a tumor can grow large without causing any symptoms at all. In most people, symptoms are based on the extra hormones released by the tumor. In some people, they experience pain when the tumor presses on other organs. If you have adrenal cancer you may have one or all of these symptoms:
- A lump or pain in the belly
- A feeling of pressure and fullness after eating
- Muscle cramps
- Sexual problems
- Enlarged breasts or genitals
- Extra facial and body hair
- Low potassium levels
- Anxiety or panic attacks
- High blood pressure
- Back pain
Many of these symptoms can be caused by other problems, so it is important that you talk to your healthcare provider if you have any of these symptoms.
There are no clear causes for adrenal cancer. It is formed when there are mutations in the DNA of adrenal gland cell. The DNA of the cell contains the instructions that will tell the cell what to do. These mutations will continue to multiply even after the healthy cells die. When this happens, these abnormal cells will form a tumor and turn into cancer.
- Surgery – Treatment for adrenal cancer involves surgery to remove the cancer, the doctor will remove all of the affected adrenal gland.
- Medications – medications will be administered after to reduce the risk of recurrence.
- Radiation therapy – this method is used to kill all the cancer cells that remain after surgery, this also helps reduce pain and other symptoms.
- Chemotherapy – this is a type of drug treatment that uses chemicals to kill cancer cells. Chemotherapy is an option when cancer cells cannot be removed surgically.
The outlook for adrenal cancer depends on several things, the cause of the cancer, its location, and the stage of cancer. This type of cancer is difficult to cure. Talk to your healthcare provider when you notice symptoms or if existing symptoms get worse. Also, it is important that you ask your healthcare provider what signs to look out for.
If you have symptoms of adrenal cancer you can talk to our medical provider and urologists to discuss treatment options that can help you with your condition. At Doral Health and Wellness Urology Center, our team of urologists will help you diagnose, treat, and manage your condition. To schedule an appointment, you can visit us at 1797 Pitkin Avenue, Brooklyn, New York, 11212, or you may call us at 1-347-384-5690. You can also visit our website at http://www.urologistbrooklyn.com/.