The Different Kinds of Eye Exam
Most eye conditions do not have symptoms during their early stages. This may lead you into believing that you have no problems with your eyes and your vision. However, there are ways where problems in your eyes can be detected.
Having a regular eye exam can help you detect eye conditions early on. Even though you have no signs and symptoms of having eye problems, it is best that you go for your annual eye exam.
At Doral Health and Wellness Ophthalmology Center, our eye doctors can schedule you for different types of eye exam, including a retinal evaluation. Visit our clinic or you can check our website at https://www.ophthalmologybrooklyn.com to see all our offered services that can help you manage your eye conditions.
These are some of the most common eye exams that your eye doctor may perform during your checkup:
- Preliminary Tests – this includes checking your peripheral vision, depth perception, eye muscle movements, color vision and how your pupils react to light
- Visual Acuity – this exam evaluates how your eyes can clearly see. You will be asked to read from a reading chart during this test. A vision of 20/20 is considered to be the perfect vision.
- Eye Focusing – this test will check how well your eyes can focus, move, and work simultaneously. During this test, your eye doctor can detect the problems that prevent your eyes from focusing and working together.
- Digital Retinal Image – this test will record the retinal health of your eyes by taking an image of your retina.
- Optical Prescription – your eye doctor will perform an evaluation of your optical prescription to see if it can still help you have clear eyesight.
- Eye Pressure Test – your ophthalmologist will touch the surface of your eye with a device that glows with a blue light. This is vital for eye conditions like glaucoma and corneal disease
- Slit-lamp – this is a type of eye exam that allows your ophthalmologist a magnified view of your eyes, including your cornea, pupil, iris, tear ducts, and retina
- Ophthalmoscopy – this eye test allows your ophthalmologist to assess the health of the back of your eyes and can often detect certain eye conditions like cataracts, retinal detachment, glaucoma, and age macular degeneration
It is very vital that you undergo a yearly eye exam to detect eye conditions very early on. This also allows your eye doctor to monitor your vision and your eye condition. A regular eye exam can also help maintain your eye health.
Keeping your eyes healthy is as important as keeping your body healthy. Scheduling a regular eye checkup is beneficial for you and your family, to keep your eyes healthy. At Doral Health and Wellness Ophthalmology Center, our eye doctors can do different kinds of eye exam, including a retinal evaluation. To schedule an appointment, please call us at 1-347-384-5690 or visit us at 1797 Pitkin Avenue, Brooklyn, New York 11212. You can also visit our website at https://www.ophthalmologybrooklyn.com.