What To Do in Case of Anaphylactic Reaction?
Anaphylaxis is a life-threatening, severe allergic reaction. It causes your immune system to release chemicals that can make your blood pressure drop suddenly and makes breathing a lot of work. This happens when you have an allergy, and you get exposed to allergens. It can occur suddenly and can worsen very quickly.
Contact Doral Health and Wellness and talk to our primary care doctors if you have allergic reactions to certain triggers. They are the best doctors in Brooklyn, and they can help and work with you with your condition.
Do you know what to do if someone close to you has a severe allergic reaction causing anaphylaxis?
Follow these steps to avoid fatal incidents during anaphylactic reactions:
- Call for emergency medical help, or for an ambulance, immediately.
- Ask if the person is carrying an epinephrine auto-injector. This can help treat an allergic attack. Ask if he/she needs help injecting the medication. This is usually done by injecting into the person’s thigh.
- Let the person lie down, face up, and raise her/his legs. If they are having difficulty breathing, let them sit up to help them breathe. If they are pregnant, let them lie down on their left side.
- Loosen their clothing. Make sure that you loosen their clothing to help them breathe properly.
- It is also important that you do not give them anything to drink to prevent choking.
- If they are vomiting or bleeding, turn them on their side to prevent choking as well.
- If you notice that the person has no signs of life, is not breathing, or coughing or if there is no movement, begin CPR (Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation). Please make sure you give them uninterrupted chest presses until paramedics arrive.
- Make sure you seek emergency treatment even if her/his symptoms start showing signs of improvement. The thing with anaphylaxis is that symptoms could start again or recur.
- Bring him to the hospital as soon as possible to have the patient monitored by medical providers to ensure that they are well-taken cared for.
If you notice symptoms of anaphylaxis, seek emergency treatment right away, and do not wait for the symptoms to get better. Delaying treatment can lead to fatal, or worse, death of the person suffering from an anaphylactic reaction.
At Doral Health and Wellness, we have a family doctor that can help you manage your allergic reactions. For more information, you can visit us at 1797 Pitkin Avenue, Brooklyn, New York, 11212, or call us on 1-347-384-5690. You can also visit our website at https://doralhw.org or contact us at email@example.com if you have any queries. We have the best primary care doctor in Brooklyn to provide you with the best comprehensive medical care and health care services.
For medical emergencies, you can visit Doral Health and Wellness Urgent Care. We provide urgent and comprehensive care for most health problems. For more info, visit us at http://www.urgentcareclinicbrooklyn.com/ or call us at 1-347-384-5690.